Google | Content & Community Photo Lead | New York, NY | 10/15-present
• Work with teams across Google on scalable image solutions for individual product needs
• Manage a team of visual professionals to curate, acquire or create imagery for individual product needs
• Create image acquisition and management workflows
• Provide golden sets and assist in the creation of classifiers with ML teams
• Analyze data around imagery and provide solutions for acquiring additional imagery for data gaps
The Wall Street Journal | Deputy Director of Photography | New York, NY | 03/15-10/15
• Co-managed a team of 24 photo editors both in print and online
• Established strategies around visual social platforms in conjunction with the social team, Manage lifestyle Instagram accounts.
• Developed products with the tech team that allow the newsroom to more efficiently find and publish for online use.
• Managed the creation and promotion of immersive mobile and digital photo based content
Huffington Post/AOL | Director of Photography | New York, NY | 03/12-03/15
• Streamlined Photography workflow within the Newsroom
• Developed products with the tech team that help facilitate the delivery of imagery to AOL & Huff Post staff.
• Created partnerships with several third party photography communities and develop engaging UGC content.
• Worked closely with Business Development on negotiation of photo agency contracts to serve all of AOL/HPMG
• Managed the AOL/HPMG Photography budget, maximizing the available funds to meet the photo needs of all websites.
• Created training courses for internal photo tools, copyright, Photoshop and field photography for editors to attend
iHeartRadio | Photo Editor | New York, NY | 02/10-03/12
• Managed the creation of weekly entertainment galleries for 850+ Radio Station websites throughout the U.S.
• Negotiated image rates and contracts for all divisions of Clear Channel including Radio, Premiere and Outdoor.
• Produced celebrity photo shoots, both live and portrait for local and national use.
Retna Ltd. | Photographer Liaison | New York, NY | 12/08-02/10
• Managed the portrait submissions for Retna, working closely with photographers to acquire images in a timely fashion for
Popular Photography | Freelance Photo Editor | New York, NY | 11/07-07/10
• Scoured the Internet to find the best in professional and amateur photography for usage in Popular Photography Magazine using
agency sites and various unusual sources such as Flickr.
• Inspired story ideas by finding interesting photographs and new techniques that may interest the readers.
Rolling Stone | Photo Assistant | New York, NY | 7/07-11/08
• Researched images for bi-weekly magazine publication
• Supplied finance with a monthly estimate of production costs from the photo department.
• Managed negative and print returns
Future U.S., Inc. | Assistant Photo Editor | New York, NY | 08/05-04/07
• Researched images and produced portrait and product shoots for seven monthly Future US publications.
• Managed photographer invoices and budget for photography department
• Managed a Flickr group centered around music photography and post weekly magazine callouts
America Online | Intern Photo Editor | Columbus, OH | 06/04-06/05
• Researched for all channels including News, Entertainment, Lifestyle and Music.
• Worked on extremely tight deadlines, anywhere from a few days to fifteen minutes.
• Managed the Photo of the Week meeting
Columbus College of Art & Design: BFA 2004